Letters of Protection
Greater Waterbury Imaging Center will provide Magnetic Resonance Imaging scans on Letters of Protection. This is made possible with our exclusive agreement with New England Medical Legal Liaison and is available for attorneys working on personal injury cases. At GWIC, we simplify the referral and scheduling process. Please follow this process:
- The patient’s treating physician will call our office at (203) 573-7674
- The physician will tell us that they are referring a personal injury case
- We’ll provide the MRI Procedure Request Form either as a pdf sent via email or you may fill in the information in this online form
- Fax the signed MRI Procedure Request Form
- We will contact you to confirm, get any additional information, and schedule the patient
- We will contact the patient’s attorney to request the Letter of Protection
New England Medical Legal Liaison will manage the Letter of Protection, provide fees in advance, and be responsible for the billing and collection.
For more information, visit our webpage about the Letter of Protection.